Dr. Robert C. Smith is an innovator in the field of medical communication and primary care mental health. He pioneered the first evidence-based interviewing textbooks in these two areas.
Dr. Smith is happy to be interviewed on the following topics:
- Basic Communication Skills for Daily Use by Everyone
- How to Best Interact with Your Doctor
- What to Expect if Your Doctor Has Good Communication Skills
- Just How Bad is Modern Mental Health Care?
- Why Mental Health Care Lags Behind Medical Care–And What We Can Do About It
- Chronic Pain
- Are Opioids of Value for Chronic Pain? What are the Alternatives?
- The Depression that Accompanies Chronic Physical Diseases
- Common Mental Health Problems Seen in Primary Care
To interview Dr. Smith or to book him for speaking, please fill out the form on the contact page.
Dr. Smith posts regularly in Psychology Today
Dr. Smith is active in social media
Dr. Smith has been interviewed, featured or quoted on/in:
Los Angeles Times, Ladies Home Journal, New York Times, Time, The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, The Today Show, and Elle